• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Major Upgrade to all of our Older BSB Videos /Mobile Friendly

ChuckBluMedia

BluMedia Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Valued Members,

We are excited to announce a major upgrade to our older Broke Straight Boys Videos. Prior today we had 524 Broke Straight Boys videos that were filmed before mobile phones became so popular. While the newest 400 videos played well on iPhone/iPad we still had more than 1/2 of our videos that weren't compatible with your mobile devices or streamed property within our own player. Today that all changed!

We just rolled out an upgrade that makes all 924 Broke Straight Boys videos work on mobile devices. As a fringe benefit, we were also able to unify the "old" scene pages and the "new" scene pages so you aren't having to switch back and forth between two different systems.

So to summarize, we upgraded the 524 oldest videos so that they will now play on your mobile devices while also making those old scenes easier to navigate since they match the layout of the newer scenes you are already used to.
We hope you are as excited as we are about the new upgrades!

Thank you,
The Entire BluMedia Team

Dear Chuck:

While this doesn't affect me - I'm glad to be able to turn a cell phone on, lol!! - I think it is terrific news for all of our non-luddite members and again shows the commitment to an ever improving site that Mark said would be the hallmark of the year 2013 here at Broke Straight Boys

I just know you must have done so much of the work on this, so thanks; you 'da man!!!

-

Dear Chuck:

While this doesn't affect me - I'm glad to be able to turn a cell phone on, lol!! - I think it is terrific news for all of our non-luddite members and again shows the commitment to an ever improving site that Mark said would be the hallmark of the year 2013 here at Broke Straight Boys

I just know you must have done so much of the work on this, so thanks; you 'da man!!!

-

Hello Stowe,

Actually this is not just for mobile devices... All of our videos and photos are now on the CDN (Content Delivery Network) service, which means no more having to download our old scenes to enjoy.

For example, view this very first scene without having to download now and just press play:

Alex & Chris:
http://members.brokestraightboys.com/go/17/hit

We have an amazing team to roll out more changes in the future.

that is awesome. thanks Chuck. makes it easier to go back and enjoy those older scenes. =P

Thanks that makes things so much easier good job.

Will The Early Broke Straight Boys Videos Be Updated To HD ?

Thanks you for upgrading the Broke Straight Boys service for members.

Will the older videos ever get an upgrade to HD quality as a number of earlier vids have?

None of the Logan videos have HD quality; but many others do.

Right now, the HD quality option begins on Page 30 of the model scenes.

Will any of the earlier videos get the HD quality option?

I understand that this may be a technical issue with the equipment used etc.

But, it would be fantastic to have the early Tyler, Logan and Tank Shane vids with the HD option.

I'm not sure if one can upgrade a film to HD as I would have thought it would have had to be filmed with a HD camera. But as I said, I'm not sure.

Thanks you for upgrading the Broke Straight Boys service for members.

Will the older videos ever get an upgrade to HD quality as a number of earlier vids have?

None of the Logan videos have HD quality; but many others do.

Right now, the HD quality option begins on Page 30 of the model scenes.

Will any of the earlier videos get the HD quality option?

I understand that this may be a technical issue with the equipment used etc.

But, it would be fantastic to have the early Tyler, Logan and Tank Shane vids with the HD option.

Unfortunately this is the highest quality we could get without having to re edit the videos again. All the older scenes were on tapes which some are almost 10 years old so it's not the greatest option.

Thank You and It Is A Shame

Unfortunately this is the highest quality we could get without having to re edit the videos again. All the older scenes were on tapes which some are almost 10 years old so it's not the greatest option.

Thank you again Mark for the response.

It is a shame that you have some of the best material ever produced in the early episodes and they will never be able to sparkle in HD. Your HD stuff today looks so good that even though I love the early stuff, the viewer is left wanting more.

Since that early material has always been so popular and integral to what Broke Straight Boys has become, at some point, you might want to consider doing the "best of Broke Straight Boys: the early years" in the HD format. You are wise to concentrate on getting what you can up there now. There is always a cost - benefit analysis; but, if you have ever watched older movies on Bluray and HiDef, it is revelation at how good these old films look now. Plus, you would avoid new production costs if you could convert the old tapes into the new format.

Anyway, thank you again for the fast response.

Last edited:
For example, view this very first scene without having to download now and just press play:

Alex & Chris:
http://members.brokestraightboys.com/go/17/hit

We have an amazing team to roll out more changes in the future.

Chuck,

Thanks for all the hard work and for highlighting this scene in case some of our members have not seen it. It is classic! One of the most fun and funniest of all Broke Straight Boys productions.

I've always wondered when Chris and Alex seamed eager to come back, what happened? They were both so good.

Anyway, thanks again to you, Mark and the team!

I just watched my favorite scene of all time in the new format. Austin Grant and Jimmy Slater.... It has given it new life. I looks so much better and I have to say they both look even more awesome than they ever did. Thanks Guys... really awesome work on the old scenes.

I just watched my favorite scene of all time in the new format. Austin Grant and Jimmy Slater.... It has given it new life. I looks so much better and I have to say they both look even more awesome than they ever did. Thanks Guys... really awesome work on the old scenes.

Austin was a very underestimated performer. He didn't get much accolade on this forum and yet he always performed whether it was top or bottom.

Thank god we have this feature so when I don't have my laptop I can still see what's going on