• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

I've got a new job!!!

lovelumps

BSB Addict
Reaction score
I made a decision a few months back that it was time for a career change. I was feeling uninspired and needed a fresh outlook. And, as rewarding as my job teaching was, it came about by a complex set of circumstances. I never intended it to be much more than a way to pay for my shopping habit, honestly. However, life circumstances made it really hard to keep going at the classified pay rate I was making, since I was unlicensed. And poor Bill has really struggled for the last 5 years with his career. He's been miserable, and he was ill-suited for what he was doing. He's been seeing a career coach and has finally been inspired to make big changes. As he embarks on this new phase in his life, I felt the need to take some of the financial burden from his shoulders so he has more flexibility in his career choices.

So, I've spent the summer break from school searching for a job that fits the skills I've acquired at school and in the volunteering I've done in my community. And at long last, I've found a great fit!

I won't go into too many details about the company, but I will say that I am working for a delightful and hugely talented man with great vision. The team of professionals he's gathered is impressive. The company feels like a family. I am so excited and honored to be a part of it! Honestly, I just finished my first week and I'm more than 1/2 in love with everyone!

It's been a whirlwind! As I adjust to my new schedule, I'm pretty sure I'm going to struggle to stay connected here. I'm grateful that my boys have been on vacation this week so they were occupied! I was hardly home! I need a web monkey to figure out a way to flag the threads that I really want to read!!!

Now, back to the celebrating!

Cheers!

Congratulations Laura!

You've told us in the past about how much Bill was struggling in jobs that weren't a good fit for all the talent and potential that he brings to the table. Apparently you were in a somewhat similar situation. Not that you wasted your time of course. I'm sure that many of your students benefitted from your influence in their lives. I'm so happy to hear that both you and Bill are moving on to other paths that you find more fulfilling.

All my best to you, Bill and the boys. :biggrin:

I hope this job brings more an more light to your life!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there as much as you enjoyed your first! You deserved it girl!!!

Congratulations Laura!

You've told us in the past about how much Bill was struggling in jobs that weren't a good fit for all the talent and potential that he brings to the table. Apparently you were in a somewhat similar situation. Not that you wasted your time of course. I'm sure that many of your students benefitted from your influence in their lives. I'm so happy to hear that both you and Bill are moving on to other paths that you find more fulfilling.

All my best to you, Bill and the boys. :biggrin:

Thanks, Tampa! :)

I hope this job brings more an more light to your life!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there as much as you enjoyed your first! You deserved it girl!!!

Thanks! It's great to work with adults again! And... my boss belongs to the Andrew Christian underwear of the month club! :) I'll get to check out his undies :)

Well done! As a retired teacher myself, I have seen far too many "of us" stay past our prime. It really is one of those jobs that, to be done right...for the kids, needs to be reconsidered every summer. About three years ago I knew it was time for me to "get off the bus." I also have done volunteer work and with all the "jobs" that I do, I haven't wanted to return to the "rat race."
It will be a learning curve for you, but do keep us informed on how the job is going. Knowing you, as we do, I am more than sure the company you are working for now, is getting a very creative, skilled person who really cares. Enjoy!

OMG! I'm so happy for you, Laura! :biggrin:

I think most of us can relate to being in a job that is no longer comfortable, and it can be difficult to find the courage to move on out and up, but you've done it!

As thrilled as I am for you I'd really miss you if you left the forum, but ultimately feeling happy and fulfilled is the priority.

That's wonderful news. I'll be your webmonkey... just checkout the threads I respond too... : -)

brush.jpg

Last edited:
Well done! As a retired teacher myself, I have seen far too many "of us" stay past our prime. It really is one of those jobs that, to be done right...for the kids, needs to be reconsidered every summer. About three years ago I knew it was time for me to "get off the bus." I also have done volunteer work and with all the "jobs" that I do, I haven't wanted to return to the "rat race."
It will be a learning curve for you, but do keep us informed on how the job is going. Knowing you, as we do, I am more than sure the company you are working for now, is getting a very creative, skilled person who really cares. Enjoy!

Beth, thank you so much for your kind words :) My boss has the energy of a 5 year old, so I'm thinking we're going to get along just fine ;)

OMG! I'm so happy for you, Laura! :biggrin:

I think most of us can relate to being in a job that is no longer comfortable, and it can be difficult to find the courage to move on out and up, but you've done it!

As thrilled as I am for you I'd really miss you if you left the forum, but ultimately feeling happy and fulfilled is the priority.

Thanks, Grace! It's invigorating, doing something new, like I am. I've not felt this excited in years.

I have no intention of leaving the forum. I love it here too much. I haven't been posting much, so I don't think that will get any better, but it can hardly get worse! lol

That's wonderful news. I'll be your webmonkey... just checkout the threads I respond too... : -)

brush.jpg

:smiley-love001: Robert! Now, do you use Apple products? Because my job came with a MacBook Air and I'm scratching my head a lot! *confused*