• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

F*cking New Year's Resolutions

SayWhat

Reaction score
I started the diet from hell for my New Year's Resolution.

So far I've determined that 500 calories a day, whether it results in weight loss or not, just makes me a bitter hateful bitch all day! :cursing:

Is anyone else ALREADY having trouble with their resolutions?!

Hi ihateariz,

Don't do crazy things like eating only 500 calories a day. It doesn't work.
You're hungry all the time, frustrated, moody. Believe me... I know what I'm talking about.

I give you a hint. Search with Google "Low carb"
Mostly people call it Low Carb "Diet", but it's no Diet because you aren't hungry and you still can eat good mixed food.
Today I found this webside with forum. Maybe you want to check it out.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com

I started Low carb in december with great results and I'm feeling great.
Okay at the moment not really but only because of the cold my friend "gave over to me".
And THAT's the reason of have a break regarding my training and new year's resolution No.1. :cursing:

An other is the fact... you need to exercise. But believe me again...it feels great.
When you see your body is changing.
After my training I could hug the whole world because I feel absolutly great.

Okay, Siri you talk to much. :blushing:

Okay, check it out.
It would be great if you tell me what you think about it and if it works for you (just send an PM).

Take care
Siri :*

That sounds like a good suggestion, but my experience has been that I'm too active for low carb eating plans. I am just trying to lose some stubborn pounds that have always annoyed me, which is why I thought the extreme diet might help. It's exhausting, though!!

Maybe I should just suck it up and start running again...

That would be the other possibility. :wink:

Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :thumbup:
Siri

I think it is best to do a lifestyle change not a diet. I lost 20 lbs by eating right and exercising. I ate about 1k calories a day. I even took some of my favorite foods and made them a little healthier. I took grilled cheese and got low fat bread and spray on butter and ate those which were about 110 calories each. It was satisfying and made me full. I even went to taco bell and ordered their chicken ranchero soft tacos which are 160 calories each and very good. If you have a Jason's Deli near you they have excellent sandwiches on their lite menu. You also have to treat yourself once a week and eat something bad. Try to exercise with a friend so you can keep each other motivated.

Mark

I started the diet from hell for my New Year's Resolution.

So far I've determined that 500 calories a day, whether it results in weight loss or not, just makes me a bitter hateful bitch all day!
:cursing:

Is anyone else ALREADY having trouble with their resolutions?!

I've never made resolutions. Closest I've ever come is lying to people who won't get off my ass about resolutions...

And I lost thirty pounds this past year as a byproduct of something else. Sugar was making me feel bad on work days so I gave it up five days a week. I find it's easier to go without on five days since I know I can indulge on the other days. I find that restrictions with no cheating built on only guarantee a binge when you can't take the deprivation anymore and then you feel bad you failed...

I spend a lot of time in front of my monitor watching what else - Broke Straight Boys If I could convert just 30 minutes of this time walking on my treadmill, I will be a lot more healthier.

I spend a lot of time in front of my monitor watching what else - Broke Straight Boys If I could convert just 30 minutes of this time walking on my treadmill, I will be a lot more healthier.

Mount a laptop on your treadmill. That would do the trick, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Ive never made a resolution or been aon a diet so I don't know what its like.
But I did make a promise to myself to get healthier this year. I need to get into better physical shape and eat better. That is hard thing to do here at college.

I will say that the hardest thing I have ever done is learning to walk again after a surgery that left me in a bed for 3 months. My friends and family were very supportive of me and didn't baby me when I felt down or wanted to give up. When I went from a walker to a cane I was elated,but when I was able to put the cane in the closet I felt I had reached nirvana. I found that setting small goals on the way to the big goal was less frustrating and made my goal more obtainable. You also need to be reasonable when setting your goal.

Well done for getting over your operation dude xx. I don't know how old you are but if you're young then sieze the moment. You never know when the number 11 bus is gonna come around the corner.