• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

CBP Pet Peeves...(from a medical professional)

wiguy86

Virgin
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm an EMT. That being said there have always been a couple of really small things that have bothered me about the College Boy Physicals material. If you ever watch any medical show with an EMT, most of us just sit there and tear them apart...especially the show Trauma that was on NBC this fall.

Anyway that being said, there are a couple of things that drive me a little crazy when watching anything on College Boy Physicals..and yes I know that they are small and somewhat ridiculous.

1) The Docs/Nurses need to put the stethoscope in their ears the right way! I believe from what I saw David did in the last update. The ear pieces should curve forward, not backward.

2) Put the blood pressure cuff on the right way. The artery arrow should go on the front, almost center of the arm...just to the left of center of the inside of the elbow.

3) When you listen to the heart...do it in the right places. On both sides of the sternum, under the left nipple, and just in front of the imaginary center line that you can draw from someone’s arm pit.

4) When you palpate...(push)...on someone’s belly do it in four places. Imagine four squares all meeting up in the center of the stomach around the belly button...push once in each square/quadrant.

So like I said, I know that this is really nit-picky of me. But it's what I do, so it has been driving me a little crazy, so I thought I'd post on it.

Anyway, I know that the site is for entertainment purposes...but like I said ask any EMT about watching "entertainment"...we all tend to complain...ha ha.:biggrin:

I do like the site though!

Thank you for the input...but since we are not medically trained and the College Boy Physicals site is fantasy...most guys that watch the site realize (hopefully) that its all fantasy and fun.

We have had a few guys that are medically trained and although I'm sure we are doing a lot of things wrong on the medical technical side of things..most of us are non-medical trained individuals that watch the site don't really think about how we are doing the heart or blood pressure, we are just acting the part to the best of our ability.

However, your welcome to come down for a visit and give some of us civilians a lesson :)

Oh I know it’s just for fantasy. I wasn’t trying to criticize just for the sake of criticizing. I do enjoy the site.

Next time I’m in Florida, I’ll let you know…lol. Heck I might as well come now – we’ve got 4 inches of snow on the ground already this morning, and its 15 degrees…Florida sounds nice right about now.

LOL Florida is not much better off than the rest of the country. We don't have snow but you can only add 20-25 degrees to whatever you have where you are. It'ss ccccold herreee. It's low 60's today but on Sunday the high in Tampa is supposed to be 45.

Well you can blame me I guess. I am getting ready to head to Alabama of all places in a couple of weeks for training. Everytime I leave Wisconsin in the winter to head somewhere warmer...it gets cold and rainy where ever it is that I am going.

Yeah..and here in South Florida the highs are in the 60's and the lows are in the mid 40's. I know it sound nutty..but for us its cold.

LOL I love when I see things like this. Or when someone's watching an X-Men movie and they say something like "Oh my gosh. There's no way that motorcycle could support that much weight"
I'm thinking, "There's a bitch flying around and setting people on fire with her brain and the only thing that's odd to you is the motorcycle?!"

I feel for you, though. Any time I watch a dance-related flick, I tear the actors apart :)

Like I said...I know its a little ridiculous. But it sounds like you know what I mean ihateariz.

Like I said...I know its a little ridiculous. But it sounds like you know what I mean ihateariz.

:thumbup: Hey, guy, thanks for those pointers. I'm a novice when it comes to meds but I really appreciate accuracy in any field. I like the motto: Don't be sloppy just get it right. I think this is true even for fantasy.

:thumbup: Hey, guy, thanks for those pointers. I'm a novice when it comes to meds but I really appreciate accuracy in any field. I like the motto: Don't be sloppy just get it right. I think this is true even for fantasy.

Ha Ha...thanks. Well if you ever want pointers...I'm your guy I guess.

Cold & rainy

Well you can blame me I guess. I am getting ready to head to Alabama of all places in a couple of weeks for training. Everytime I leave Wisconsin in the winter to head somewhere warmer...it gets cold and rainy where ever it is that I am going.

If this is true, please don't come here.

Ok, so I'm an EMT. That being said there have always been a couple of really small things that have bothered me about the College Boy Physicals material. If you ever watch any medical show with an EMT, most of us just sit there and tear them apart...especially the show Trauma that was on NBC this fall.

Anyway that being said, there are a couple of things that drive me a little crazy when watching anything on College Boy Physicals..and yes I know that they are small and somewhat ridiculous.

1) The Docs/Nurses need to put the stethoscope in their ears the right way! I believe from what I saw David did in the last update. The ear pieces should curve forward, not backward.

2) Put the blood pressure cuff on the right way. The artery arrow should go on the front, almost center of the arm...just to the left of center of the inside of the elbow.

3) When you listen to the heart...do it in the right places. On both sides of the sternum, under the left nipple, and just in front of the imaginary center line that you can draw from someone’s arm pit.

4) When you palpate...(push)...on someone’s belly do it in four places. Imagine four squares all meeting up in the center of the stomach around the belly button...push once in each square/quadrant.

So like I said, I know that this is really nit-picky of me. But it's what I do, so it has been driving me a little crazy, so I thought I'd post on it.

Anyway, I know that the site is for entertainment purposes...but like I said ask any EMT about watching "entertainment"...we all tend to complain...ha ha.:biggrin:

I do like the site though!

It's so hard to put aside your knowledge sometimes, I understand exactly what you're saying. As a writer and publisher, I can't pick up a book, magazine, or read a blog post without editing it or judging it in my head. Reading for pleasure is sometimes a real strain, but I'm learning to try and turn off that internal editor whenever possible.