• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

A Step Forward?

whitewhale2

Reaction score
Up here in British Columbia, Canada, on the weekend it was announced that someone had won $50 million in the provincial lottery but no one had come forward to claim the prize. Everyone was wondering who was the winner. Yesterday it was announced that the winner had come forward. It was an obviously gay couple - one man in his early sixties, and one in his early fifties, and they had been together for almost thirty years. Their first act was to quit their jobs, and start planning their first real vacation together. Is this a step forward for gay rights? :thumbup1:

By the way, up here in Canada on a lottery win there is no tax on the original amount only on any interest you might make in the future on the winnings. :drool:

That's GREAT! I hope they have a real honeymoon in the open and enjoy their lives together. Thanks for sharing it.

Up here in British Columbia, Canada, on the weekend it was announced that someone had won $50 million in the provincial lottery but no one had come forward to claim the prize. Everyone was wondering who was the winner. Yesterday it was announced that the winner had come forward. It was an obviously gay couple - one man in his early sixties, and one in his early fifties, and they had been together for almost thirty years. Their first act was to quit their jobs, and start planning their first real vacation together. Is this a step forward for gay rights? :thumbup1:

By the way, up here in Canada on a lottery win there is no tax on the original amount only on any interest you might make in the future on the winnings. :drool:

Your lottery runs the same as the UK and European ones. Two weeks ago a still unknown UK resident won 113 million pounds on the Euromillions lottery - this lottery is jointly run by most European countries. It took them 2 weeks to claim the money but they remain anonymous as is their right.

I don't get your drift about how or why a gay couple winning a lottery would be a big step forward for gay rights ?

Hey, Jon, that's kinda why I posed it as a question. As I thought about it, I guess that it was partly in the way the news reporters presented it. Instead of being talked about as "two friends who are sharing the winnings", they were presented as a "couple".