• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

A Hallowe'en movie-recommendation for our friend, John Henry

Ambivalent

BSB Addict
Reaction score
Hey, John Henry ~

Awhile back we were all talking about movies. And here is one I didn't think of, and I was remiss. (Especially as you're a Southern boy.)

I must confess, BTW, I do like Southern boys a lot. The way you speak, your manners and politesse, and all of that. I never had a bad social, or romantic, experience with a Southern boy - as a matter of fact, my b/f, Mr. K.K. is pretty southern: though he'd just count as MIDWESTERN to most of you. (Being from St. Louis.) My sister studied for a long time with a piano-teacher from Texas - and his manners are BEAUTIFUL.

So I have a certain partiality for Southern men - though I know it is wrong to speak in generalities: there are beautiful and lovely people from every nation (and region) on earth - and real JERKS from every nation and region, on earth, as well. In the end, all that matters is the individual, and what's in HIS heart. But I have had just GOOD experiences with men from the South, so far.

So, J.H. - I don't know if you have ever read a book called, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, by Mr. John Berendt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_in_the_Garden_of_Good_and_Evil It is, what I suppose one might call a "non-fiction novel", written in the style of a novel, but based pretty solidly upon real events, after the manner of Mr. Truman Capote.

The book tells the winding tale of a wealthy and cultivated and celebrated antiques-dealer in Savannah, Georgia, Jim Williams, who (one night, after a high-society party, which he hosted) was threatened by an employee and reputed lover of his, Danny Hansford (whom people described as "a good time NOT YET had by all"): who was shot dead, in the encounter.

The scandal, was seismic. Jim Williams was tried, and tried, and tried again, for the murder of Danny Hansford - and after the fourth trial, Mr. Williams was acquitted. (It was rumoured that Mr. Williams, in pursuit of his acquittal, employed the services of a voodoo priestess, to intercede, on his behalf. *Now, that is DEEP South - I know all the folks in North Carolina are more Christian, than THAT!*)

But, eerily (and this is what makes this a fun Hallowe'en story) - six months after Jim Williams was finally acquitted, after more trials than had ever been held to decide the fate of one man, in the State of Georgia - Mr. Williams dropped dead in his grand Savannah house, of a massive heart attack, reportedly in EXACTLY the same spot, where his one-time assistant and lover died, in a pool of blood. . . . (Now, isn't that a little spooky???)

All this was made into a really intriguing and gripping movie, by Director Clint Eastwood - starring Kevin Spacey as Jim Williams; a young (and very cute) Jude Law, as his ill-fated lover, Danny Hansford; and (a still young and handsome) John Cusack, as the New York journalist who comes South to get the story.

Maybe not the greatest cinematic triumph of all time. . . but definitely a lot of fun - and definitely fun, for Hallowe'en ;-)

"A" XOXOXOXOXO

P.S. I have a Canadian friend who lived in Savannah for some years, and loved it. She said it was so beautiful, and the people were so kind, and every other corner and tavern and hovel were. . . definitely haunted - LOL!!!

Thanks, Ambi. I'm going to have to check this one out.

This was one of the best legal/mystery movies that I had seen - such a neat and surprise ending - I had visited all of the sites that were used in Savannah - a great recommendation!

Hey, ambi, I've been meaning to ask for a while and always forget while I'm posting. From the beginning you always referred to your b/f as Mr. K. Then I noticed a month or two ago you started referring to him as Mr. K.K. Any significance to the additional "K"? Also please don't add a third "k" - lol !!!!

Thanks, Louis -

I am sure you'll enjoy the movie!

"A" XOXOXOXOXO

This was one of the best legal/mystery movies that I had seen - such a neat and surprise ending - I had visited all of the sites that were used in Savannah - a great recommendation!

Thanks, Gardenboy ~

I wish we could all get together with John Henry, and have a big Hallowe'en party, and watch it together!!!

"A" :)

Hey, ambi, I've been meaning to ask for a while and always forget while I'm posting. From the beginning you always referred to your b/f as Mr. K. Then I noticed a month or two ago you started referring to him as Mr. K.K. Any significance to the additional "K"? Also please don't add a third "k" - lol !!!!

LOL, Stowe - NP ;-)

His first and last initials are both "K". That's why I have sometimes referred to him as Mr. K., and sometimes Mr. K.K. ~ it just depends on my state of mind, and how quickly I'm typing - simple as that!!!

Kisses,
"A" XOXOXOXOXO

P.S. And no, there is no third "K" - LOLOLOLOLOL!!! And he is tall, jet-black brunet, and Greek-American. The most gorgeous guy I ever set eyes on!!!

Thank you Ambi for giving us that introduction to the movie. I had heard of the book but honestly knew nothing about the plot. It sounds good!