• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Sortable Stats

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
When there are no new posts on the forum, I often find myself looking at "The Boys" page usually sorting by "Highest Rated" as that to me is the "beauty contest" way that we can tell which models are the most popular, and the fact that it goes all the way back to the earliest models on the site from 2008 when I joined and before is very cool. I know they have sort by tallest, shortest, youngest, oldest, longest cock, shortest cock, etc. etc.

But today I noticed a category called "Most Comments". I have no idea what that means as some of them do not have many comments about them on their scene pages, and some of them only appeared in one scene. It is a strange group of "most commented", and the top five are Draven Caine, Jason Sterling, Logan Slater, Tanner, Devon Felix and #6 is someone named Shane Blain:

524.jpg

He appeared in one scene, "Taz & Shane 07-22-2006",

https://members.brokestraightboys.com/play/MzM=/taz-&-shane

Taz is very very hot and winds up getting sucked by Shane and then fucks him, but I have no idea why this Shane is #6 in "most commented" on in just one scene and he only has one comment on his model page.

33-large-15.jpg

33-large-19.jpg

33-large-51.jpg

If anyone from management or a forumite smarter than me can explain what "Most Comments" is based on, I'd like to learn.

Yes. I have pondered these issues about this category myself. Good point! One comment. One guy. One scene.

I searched his name and lots of threads showed up but I couldn’t tell they had anything to do with him.

Perhaps management, if it condescended to do so, might enlighten us as to this quandry.

While we're discussing stats maybe management can post Elijah Scott's stats. It's been two days and they still don't have him listed with the rest of the boys.

We have noticed that also. Maybe they are off celebrating Memorial Day. But they haven’t been too responsive lately.

Holiday weekend!
Hidden in the code that created the sorting function is a line or two that allows for models with 1 comment to appear ahead of models with more comments.
Sometimes, if no one calls attention to a flaw, the flaw goes unaddressed!

Holiday weekend!
Hidden in the code that created the sorting function is a line or two that allows for models with 1 comment to appear ahead of models with more comments.
Sometimes, if no one calls attention to a flaw, the flaw goes unaddressed!
I called attention to the flaw. What do I win? LOL Or at least will it be corrected and explained?? Absolutely an unimportant thing, but it is there, and inquiring minds want to know. :smile:

I found this post made by ChuckBluMedia made on Feb, 6, 2015, when the sortable stats were added to our forum.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we completed the favorites sorting options. Same as sorting the scenes on the episodes page, you can now sort your favorites by Newest to Oldest, Oldest to Newest, A-Z, Z-A, Highest Rated, Most Scene Comments.

View for yourself

Why did we do this: Well, I had many requests from members like you that said its very hard to sort through the favorites because you had pages and pages of scenes and no easy way to navigate through them. So wish granted.

Added "Sort By" based on the titles of scenes in your favorites account.

favorites_sorting.jpg

Added JUMP to page, changes based on how many favorites you have in your personal account:

favorites_sortingjump.jpg

And on the same thread from February, 2014, here is an interesting exchange between then model Damien Kyle and Chuck. Chuck gives a very illuminating answer to why new models often jump to the top of the ratings ahead of tried and true veterans of many years standing on top.

Chuck You Should Install A Way To Sort Scenes & BTS By Most Voted. Because Scenes & BTS Highest Rated Videos Could Have Less Votes Then A Really Popular Video That A Lot Of Members Took The Time Out & Voted On.
Well scenes and guys actually have a weighted system, so many votes an an old scene is not going to carry the 100% weight of a new scene, so the older a scene is the less its weight is compared to a new scene to balance this. We have found it works very well and thats why you see the favorites sorting newer scenes.

I love the forum and the archives of the forum, (as well as the archives of the scenes). There seem to be little nuggests of info buried within these massive forum archives, and I just plucked out a nugget. lol

By the way the thread is called, "Added Favorites Sorting Options"

I called attention to the flaw. What do I win? LOL Or at least will it be corrected and explained?? Absolutely an unimportant thing, but it is there, and inquiring minds want to know. :smile:
You get the satisfaction of making a good thing even better! It might be easier to correct than to explain. A Line contains a syntax error!