• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

Good game between two great teams tonight! Boone outmanaged the Mets in the 8th inning which cost Max a win, when the Mets brought in Peterson who gave up the game tieing two run homer in the top of the eighth, and Boone countered with his closer to stop the Mets in the bottom of the eighth. The trade off was no Yankee closer for the bottom of the ninth, when the Mets won it. The Mets' inability to add tack on runs continued and cost Max his win tonight on his birthday, but the Mets do fight to the end. Great pitching by both sides! As ESPN pointed out, German pitched a lot better than anticipated, which bodes well for the Yankees in the second half of an already great season!
Congratulations kg. You thoroughly beat us with a two game sweep. The Yanks need to rebound now but for this week and time, the Mets are Kings of New York City.

Andrew Benintendi

Some of the sting of the two losses to the Mets this week was taken away when I woke up to the news that the Yankees acquired Andrew Benintendi from the Kansas City Royals for three minor league pitchers. The Yankees do need a player like him as he is a contact hitter who is left handed and has the power to go over the porch in right field in Yankee Stadium and is a good fielder. The further good news is that reports are that Benintendi has agreed to get vaccinated for Covid, as he and several of his Kansas City teammates were not vaccinated and therefore not eligible to go to Canada and missed their series in Toronto.

And on a more “Broke Straight Boys” note for me, I must admit that I found Andrew very attractive from his time on the Boston Red Sox. I loved his cute face, his long brown hair and especially how he kept the front button on his Red Sox jersey open to reveal a bit of flesh. :drool:

Welcome to the Yankees, Andrew Benintendi!

563FD429-1BC3-476C-A354-66FCE8DF92F9.jpg

C9089767-74DF-43AB-838C-5EF616673E0A.jpg

AA7F3F4C-2F62-47B6-98B5-489539EC874F.jpg

They did it! The Padres actually did it!

San Diegans, now introducing your newest Right Fielder, JUAN F******G SOTO!!!

Juan Soto.jpg

Altyhough I was forced to leave my beloved San Diego due to economics, I remain in love with it & the Padres, which sadly do not have a stellar history but unlike the Chargers will never leave.

Interesting headline in the Sport Section of the New York Times this morning: "Yankees are 70-39 . . . and so are the Mets!" What a season it has been for both of New York City's teams! On June 1st the Mets led their division by over ten games, while the Yankees were just a few games up. By July 1st it was the complete opposite with Braves getting as close as 1/2 game behind the Mets and the Yanks leading their division well over ten games. Now both teams have the identical record and Mets' lead over the Braves is back up to 7 1/2 games, with the Yanks having their first slump of the season. The ebb and flow between the two first place teams has been amazing, particularly since usually when the Yanks are up the Mets are down and visa versa, the one exception being the 2000 World Series where the Yanks beat the Mets 4-1 in games but the total run differential was only three runs for that entire World Series. Still one third of the season to go in a very remarkable year! Soto to the Padres and the hex the Astros seen to have over the Yanks notwithstanding, the chances for anther Mets/Yankees World Series are going up, and I like any postseason series where the Mets can throw Max and Jake as starters in consecutive games! Just ask the Braves who just experienced that Saturday night and late yesterday afternoon!

Interesting headline in the Sport Section of the New York Times this morning: "Yankees are 70-39 . . . and so are the Mets!" What a season it has been for both of New York City's teams! On June 1st the Mets led their division by over ten games, while the Yankees were just a few games up. By July 1st it was the complete opposite with Braves getting as close as 1/2 game behind the Mets and the Yanks leading their division well over ten games. Now both teams have the identical record and Mets' lead over the Braves is back up to 7 1/2 games, with the Yanks having their first slump of the season. The ebb and flow between the two first place teams has been amazing, particularly since usually when the Yanks are up the Mets are down and visa versa, the one exception being the 2000 World Series where the Yanks beat the Mets 4-1 in games but the total run differential was only three runs for that entire World Series. Still one third of the season to go in a very remarkable year! Soto to the Padres and the hex the Astros seen to have over the Yanks notwithstanding, the chances for anther Mets/Yankees World Series are going up, and I like any postseason series where the Mets can throw Max and Jake as starters in consecutive games! Just ask the Braves who just experienced that Saturday night and late yesterday afternoon!
Indeed it has been a wild ride for the two New York baseball teams. Last night the Yankees got a win over Seattle, but unfortunately their candidate for comeback player of the year, Matt Carpenter broke a bone in his foot and will be out for an indeterminate amount of time. I sure hope he can return at some point this season.

Toronto lost and so the Yankees now have a 10-1/2 game lead in the A.L. East and a one game lead over Houston for best record in the American League. The best record would give home field advantage in a potential American League Championship series. It has been a fun baseball season so far with lot’s of time in the regular season until October and then the post season.

Indeed it has been a wild ride for the two New York baseball teams. Last night the Yankees got a win over Seattle, but unfortunately their candidate for comeback player of the year, Matt Carpenter broke a bone in his foot and will be out for an indeterminate amount of time. I sure hope he can return at some point this season.

Toronto lost and so the Yankees now have a 10-1/2 game lead in the A.L. East and a one game lead over Houston for best record in the American League. The best record would give home field advantage in a potential American League Championship series. It has been a fun baseball season so far with lot’s of time in the regular season until October and then the post season.

I just read an odds of winning the National and American League pennants: The National League rated Dodgers # 1 and Mets #2, while the American League is rated Astros # 1 and Yankees # 2. I cannot argue against that, but still foresee a scenario where both the Yanks and Mets meet in the World Series. Soto notwithstanding br's Padres did not make the top two in the NL, although no doubt that the acquiring Soto has made the Padres a contender to make a run in the post season.

As I’m watching the Yankees-Red Sox in Fenway Park, I again am noticing how hot the Red Sox center fielder Jarren Duran is. He is 6’2”. 200 lbs., 25 years old.

7DF27F26-4550-437F-BA9B-C7C558E76E0E.jpeg

F2CA8924-EF3E-4616-AA9F-258C1EE8E359.jpeg

9576B75A-C2E8-4F7A-8A70-13499F2FC689.jpeg

And while it doesn’t show when he is in uniform, I discovered his arms are incredibly muscular. What a hot looking kid!

CDF7E3E8-09FF-428F-A769-4EB6AFD18DE4.jpeg

I was catching up earlier on my DVR recordings of “The Captain” about Hall of Famer, Derek Jeter on ESPN.

They showed the famous shirtless pic of Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Edgar Renteria, Alex Gonzalez and Rey Ordonez.

77B60DFE-D262-480B-A925-E756A31F2643.jpg

But they did not include Boston’s Nomar Garciaparra, who was very HOT! As well as being a great young player who’s career was derailed by injuries.

AEA29E16-FE87-410C-8999-EDE54AEC9C1B.jpg

That was an era of talented and HOT shortstops in baseball!

B0817EA9-AD7F-4B91-8E04-F6ABE74EF640.jpeg

7F8ECDF0-3261-408F-94AE-1C9D30EA546D.jpeg

Don’t give up the ship!

Today is Opening Day of the 2022 Major League Baseball season. The season is starting one week later due to the lockout that ended last month. But for New York, the Yankees have been postponed another day due to rain all day today. The Mets are in Washington DC and there are weather issues there as well. The game was moved from 4 PM to 7 PM and now they are in a rain delay. I guess it’s those April showers. But whenever they begin, baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. 162 regular season games over six months, and then the post season, so I will be patient for the start.

View attachment 57184
As I said back on Opening Day in April, “baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. 162 regular season games over six months, and then the post season”. The Yankees got off to an historic start rivaling the pace set by record setting teams like the 1998 Yankees with 114 wins and the 2001 Seattle Mariners with 116. But now the season has been on a downward spiral and they are 8-14 since the All Star Break. But due to their incredible start they are still almost 30 games over .500 and have a 10 game lead in the American League East. Things are looking very bad right now, but I have patience and we still have 47 games to go in the regular season. Baseball is like a mini soap opera. I still say it is the best unscripted drama out there. I have no idea how the season will turn out, but I will remain into the sport and my team right through the end of our season, whenever it may be for the Yanks. :thumbup1:

As I said back on Opening Day in April, “baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. 162 regular season games over six months, and then the post season”. The Yankees got off to an historic start rivaling the pace set by record setting teams like the 1998 Yankees with 114 wins and the 2001 Seattle Mariners with 116. But now the season has been on a downward spiral and they are 8-14 since the All Star Break. But due to their incredible start they are still almost 30 games over .500 and have a 10 game lead in the American League East. Things are looking very bad right now, but I have patience and we still have 47 games to go in the regular season. Baseball is like a mini soap opera. I still say it is the best unscripted drama out there. I have no idea how the season will turn out, but I will remain into the sport and my team right through the end of our season, whenever it may be for the Yanks. :thumbup1:

Yes, mikey, as I have been checking the standings I have been thinking of you and how happy you must be at how the Yankees have been doing, especially the torrid pace at the start of the season.

I also have been thinking of my dear departed Father and how happy he must be that his Orioles are above .500 for a change. - lol !!!

Yes, mikey, as I have been checking the standings I have been thinking of you and how happy you must be at how the Yankees have been doing, especially the torrid pace at the start of the season.

I also have been thinking of my dear departed Father and how happy he must be that his Orioles are above .500 for a change. - lol !!!
Your dad would be thrilled Stowe! The Orioles are playing their best ball in many years and have a shot at a wildcard to make the playoffs for the first time in a long time. And thank you for your good wishes for me regarding the Yankees. However with all their losing, they are very fortunate to still have a ten game lead in the American League East. And if they don’t start winning some games again, I am concerned about that lead as well. But it is a long season and we shall see how everything shakes out at the beginning of October and then into the post season.

7EAB8E94-3401-4768-AE08-A1D7F28332C8.jpg

Your dad would be thrilled Stowe! The Orioles are playing their best ball in many years and have a shot at a wildcard to make the playoffs for the first time in a long time. And thank you for your good wishes for me regarding the Yankees. However with all their losing, they are very fortunate to still have a ten game lead in the American League East. And if they don’t start winning some games again, I am concerned about that lead as well. But it is a long season and we shall see how everything shakes out at the beginning of October and then into the post season.

View attachment 81895

As a fellow Yankee fan, I have faith. They'll rally.

Mike you might like the video I just posted on page 3486 on your other sports thread. Have a great day.

Mike you might like the video I just posted on page 3486 on your other sports thread. Have a great day.
Thanks. As I’ve mentioned I am a big YouTube fan and have watched many training videos of young swimmers. In my opinion they are the sexiest athletes of all as their “uniform” is only a small piece of cloth covering just their most private parts. :smile:

95CC5278-A6B0-4FE4-9A1C-B267D4727F3D.jpg

Thanks. As I’ve mentioned I am a big YouTube fan and have watched many training videos of young swimmers. In my opinion they are the sexiest athletes of all as their “uniform” is only a small piece of cloth covering just their most private parts. :smile:

View attachment 82620

Very tru, as of all college sports, the swimmers, but for their small form fitting speedos (made that way to maximize speed in the water), compete naked! That displays a lot of bare beef cake for the spectators to enjoy!