• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

Paolo Banchero was surprise #1 pick in draft to Orlando.

Congrats Paolo.

D9706A20-085E-4788-BE14-7ADA28DD4BAC.jpg

Nice suit. He can afford a personal tailor with his $10 million salary coming to him his rookie year.

C86218FC-AE84-40BF-8C91-743CC5013673.jpeg

Attachments

• 660928D3-BD5C-4BB6-ABB2-74D2FB67C0DC.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 42
To top off my sports night tonight the Yankees came from behind with four runs in the bottom of the ninth with a three run home run by Aaron Hicks and a game winning hit by the great Aaron Judge to beat Houston 7-6.

0C321631-FF1B-4C57-A1B3-718A132B24F6.jpg

The Yankees continue to have the best record in baseball at 52-18 and lead second place Toronto by 12-1/2 games. This is a great time to be a Yankees fan. :thumbup:

The Yankees have been red hot basically all season and they’ve been due for an inevitable letdown. They beat Houston on Thursday night with an improbable ninth inning comeback. Friday they went down with just one run, a homer by Stanton. And Saturday while Cole pitched great, allowing just one run during his seven innings. But three Houston pitchers held the Yankees hitless, only the second time since 1958 when Hoyt Wilhelm no hit them individually. Ironically the Yankees were no hit one other time, also a combined no hitter by Houston in 2003.

F1927AD2-F76A-4309-9D8B-EB3A93A40876.jpeg

The Yankees still hold a very comfortable 11 game lead over now second place Boston but it would be nice to see them defeat Houston on Sunday to split the four game series.

Last edited:
The Yankees won again yesterday in an improbable finish after being no hit again for six innings, they tied it on two home runs, but then in the bottom of the tenth inning, their superstar Aaron Judge hit a three run homer to end the game with a walk off, thrilling his teammates and the 44,000 at a packed Yankee Stadium.

I love great players on my teams whatever their looks are, but I find Aaron Judge super hot. He is 6’7” and 282 pounds of solid muscle, I lost love his post game news conferences in his sleeveless shirts. :smiley-love021:

DF89EF29-651A-497A-A6AD-694B49901503.jpg

4977EB06-58E0-4A8C-A598-6D81341EF471.jpg

1324631C-F68D-470A-8D63-AEDF1507C264.jpg

The Houston Astros certainly caught a break in their schedule, for after their weekend series in New York against the Yanks, they get to stay in New York for Wednesday and Thursday games at Citi Field against the Mets! Other than the Mets and the Yankees, how many major league teams get to spend an entire week in New York City? My guess for this year is only the Houston Astros!

The Houston Astros certainly caught a break in their schedule, for after their weekend series in New York against the Yanks, they get to stay in New York for Wednesday and Thursday games at Citi Field against the Mets! Other than the Mets and the Yankees, how many major league teams get to spend an entire week in New York City? My guess for this year is only the Houston Astros!
Good point. Houston actually played the Mets in Houston on June 21 & 22. Then to New York to play the Yankees on four consecutive days, June 23-26. Now they are here to play the Mets June 28 & June 29, and then on June 30, the Yankees go down to Houston for one game to make up a game missed during the lock out.

So that is nine straight games for Houston in eight days, all against the two New York teams in three different ball parks. That’s got to be a record.

Good point. Houston actually played the Mets in Houston on June 21 & 22. Then to New York to play the Yankees on four consecutive days, June 23-26. Now they are here to play the Mets June 28 & June 29, and then on June 30, the Yankees go down to Houston for one game to make up a game missed during the lock out.

So that is nine straight games for Houston in eight days, all against the two New York teams in three different ball parks. That’s got to be a record.

I wrote that the Astros were at the Mets this Wednesday and Thursday, when in fact it will be this Tuesday and Wednesday, but the point remains the same.

While I was out this afternoon, I passed the plaque commemorating where the Brooklyn Dodgers offices were when Branch Rickey broke the color barrier in baseball signing Jackie Robinson as the first African American to play Major League Baseball.

F74673C6-740A-474E-8475-6CD76A289C83.jpg

Tonight will be the halfway point in the baseball season for the Yankees. They are currently 58-22 with a 13 game lead over second place Boston. Let’s say they lose tonight for game 81. If they duplicate that record in the second half, they will finish at 116- 46. That of course is an unrealistic projection, but just goes to show what a fabulous 2022 season this has been so far for the Yankees and for me.

39076AC0-5D1A-4E60-8F54-6B60BD01BA2F.jpg

Tonight will be the halfway point in the baseball season for the Yankees. They are currently 58-22 with a 13 game lead over second place Boston. Let’s say they lose tonight for game 81. If they duplicate that record in the second half, they will finish at 116- 46. That of course is an unrealistic projection, but just goes to show what a fabulous 2022 season this has been so far for the Yankees and for me.

View attachment 71810

Big if.

Mike, may I suggest you look at the posted video on your other sports thread. It is on page 3145.

Mike, may I suggest you look at the posted video on your other sports thread. It is on page 3145.
I just watched it and it is a nice story of the Delaware Valley wrestling team and their two seniors. This is what makes following sports so compelling. May I suggest you start to follow a team and know the athletes and the men behind the scenes on the playing field. It is what makes being a sports fan so interesting. I’ve often said that a sports season is the best unscripted television. The ups and downs and the twists and turns.

Actually that is why I had originally started that sports thread and then began this one, when the direction over there shifted from real athletes that we follow and admire to random pics of guys in sports gear. I know that you and Tampa like to post those kinds of pics there, so I made this thread to highlight guys whose names and teams are known. But that’s just me…..and there is plenty of room for all kinds of tastes and so now you guys have that thread to show your kind of pics and I have this one to focus on real sports teams and players. It’s all good.

I post a wrestling video everyday. I am more interested in the human story of the wrestlers & other athletes and as I wrote there athletics can bring out the best & worst in the player.

After losing two games in a row, the Yankees came back last night with six home runs to destroy the Pittsburgh Pirates 16-0. And tonight they begin their first trip to Boston at Fenway Park of this season. The Yankees are now 59-23 with Boston tied with Tampa in second place, but 14 games behind the first place Yankees.

Yankees-Boston is the biggest draw on television and three of the four games will be nationally televised. I have personally been to many Yankee games at Fenway Park in Boston and it is a great place to watch baseball. Fenway Park opened in 1912 and Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Carl Yatztremski have all played on the same field. It is a great trip back in time watching the Yanks & Sox on a summer night!

8676A7DF-98A5-4585-AFBF-5BCFEFCE0CF3.jpg

A3304B22-DF8B-439B-915C-3479E4C5F906.jpg