• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

0DD0E398-774A-4C7E-9D2B-BEEA39B2FD30.jpg

I’m not a hockey fan but the New York Rangers are the team I root for and I just watched them defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins in overtime of Game 7 and now they play Carolina.

Good times for New York sports with Yankees & Mets in first place too. Let the good times roll. :tongue:

Today is not a work day for me, and I will be home to watch the Yankees attempt to sweep a four game series in Baltimore in a half hour. The Yankees are currently 28-9, still the best record in baseball. It is way too early on May 19th to declare anything, other than they are off to a tremendous start. I am optimistic for a very good, perhaps special season.

D1035DAF-1C7E-49C1-8984-2FC4B52643CA.jpg

While not a Yankee admirer I wish them well for your sake.

Mother Nature stopped the two New York first place baseball teams from playing on Friday. The Yankees game in Yankee Stadium was postponed due to rain, but the Mets game in Colorado was postponed by a May snowstorm in Denver.

36FC6D58-793A-4C1E-A47C-8002EC1E4099.jpg36FC6D58-793A-4C1E-A47C-8002EC1E4099.jpg

I don’t know the forecast in Denver for the Mets, but the Yanks will play and in fact we are expecting temps int he mid 90’s today as New York has gone from spring to summer in a big hurray!!!!

Mother Nature stopped the two New York first place baseball teams from playing on Friday. The Yankees game in Yankee Stadium was postponed due to rain, but the Mets game in Colorado was postponed by a May snowstorm in Denver.

View attachment 63636View attachment 63636

I don’t know the forecast in Denver for the Mets, but the Yanks will play and in fact we are expecting temps int he mid 90’s today as New York has gone from spring to summer in a big hurray!!!!

And amazingly, it was 90 degrees in Denver Thursday afternoon, but NOT by the time the Mets arrived Thursday evening! May 20-21 for a snowstorm is hard to take! In the future the Mets should only be scheduled to play in Denver in July!

That is called typical spring weather in Denver.

You are most welcome. Also just posted on your other sports site.

After talking about Duke basketball. I can’t ignore a developing situation with my other favorite sports team, The New York Yankees. During yesterday’s game at Yankee Stadium between the Yanks and White Sox, there were several interruptions during the game when predominately White Sox star, Tim Anderson and other teammates got into shouting matches with players having to be held back from fighting with new Yankee this year, Josh Donaldson. After the game we learned that there may have been racial overtures when the white Donaldson called the black Anderson “Jackie”, referring to Jackie Robinson. The White Sox perceived it as a racial slur and Donaldson claimed he was just having fun as Anderson once called himself the new Jackie Robinson.

I don’t know Donaldson well as he only became a Yankee this spring, but it seems to me that saying, “What’s up Jackie?” To Anderson twice during the game yesterday, after the two had a shoving incident at third base last week in Chicago, indicates that Donaldson may have had malice in his taunt.

It all needs to be sorted out, but I don’t want to ignore a potential tinder box incident involving a player on my team. I hope it was not meant the way Anderson took it, but I tend to think that Donaldson may be very much in the wrong. We shall see what happens. It is still a developing situation and story.

After talking about Duke basketball. I can’t ignore a developing situation with my other favorite sports team, The New York Yankees. During yesterday’s game at Yankee Stadium between the Yanks and White Sox, there were several interruptions during the game when predominately White Sox star, Tim Anderson and other teammates got into shouting matches with players having to be held back from fighting with new Yankee this year, Josh Donaldson. After the game we learned that there may have been racial overtures when the white Donaldson called the black Anderson “Jackie”, referring to Jackie Robinson. The White Sox perceived it as a racial slur and Donaldson claimed he was just having fun as Anderson once called himself the new Jackie Robinson.

I don’t know Donaldson well as he only became a Yankee this spring, but it seems to me that saying, “What’s up Jackie?” To Anderson twice during the game yesterday, after the two had a shoving incident at third base last week in Chicago, indicates that Donaldson may have had malice in his taunt.

It all needs to be sorted out, but I don’t want to ignore a potential tinder box incident involving a player on my team. I hope it was not meant the way Anderson took it, but I tend to think that Donaldson may be very much in the wrong. We shall see what happens. It is still a developing situation and story.

Based upon the newspaper articles I read this morning, you have summarized the facts accurately. Besides the actual words, often the tone i which those words are spoken and the past history between the two players can be factors as well.

Based upon the newspaper articles I read this morning, you have summarized the facts accurately. Besides the actual words, often the tone i which those words are spoken and the past history between the two players can be factors as well.

After the fact, the Yankee manager Aaron Boone observed that Donaldson's words would have been better not said. I suspect that the Major League Baseball investigation will come to the same conclusion.

The Yankees had sailed through most of the first forth of the baseball season firing on all cylinders and being basically injury free, except for a catcher they traded for from Minnesota and pinch runner Tim LoCastro. However now the injuries and COVID list have hit them hard with two pitchers done for the season, and Giancarlo Stanton and Jonathan Loisaga on the injured list, and DJ LeMahieu injured as well. But last night they brought up rookie pitcher JP Sears from the minors to make his first major league start in front of his parents and girlfriend and he pitched five innings of shutout ball to get the win.

22A735F1-1858-41F2-88D9-E809B4EBB904.jpg

And fellow rookie Ron Marinaccio pitched two innings of shutout ball in relief as the Yankees won and still have the best record in baseball.

0BADD45C-205E-4089-8389-9438BFAD5D3E.jpg

I heard this morning that Evan Longoria hit two home runs yesterday for San Francisco against the Mets. I didn’t realize he was still playing. Back when he played for the Tampa Bay Rays or maybe the Devil Rays, our own Tampa had a major crush on Evan. :smiley-love021: lol

D618CAE9-8B49-4ED7-BAFA-A8665FDCBB82.jpg

73008FA1-B870-444A-AB09-C1A75CC08746.jpg

I’m posting on my phone from Grand Central Terminal so if I mess up, please forgive me. Going upstate for night.