• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

I forget the exact year but once UConn won the NCAA MBB title on Monday and the WBB title on Tuesday!

There were multiple years UCONN won both title. Of course the women hold a possibly unsurmountable record.

I turned on the opener in the Final Four but Kansas has a big lead. Too bad about the injury to the Villanova kid, Moore.

I am starting to feel the anticipation and nerves over the big game coming up later.

I turned on the opener in the Final Four but Kansas has a big lead. Too bad about the injury to the Villanova kid, Moore.

I am starting to feel the anticipation and nerves over the big game coming up later.

Duke is up by three at the half. Have to go to bed soon as I have a 5:30 A.M. limo pickup to LaGuardia. Go Duke!

My condolences , Mike. KG at least was spared for.

After North Carolina defeated Duke on Saturday night, they advanced to the NCAA Championship game to play the only #1 seed remaining, the Kansas Jayhawks. North Carolina blew a 16 point lead, the largest lead ever lost in a championship game as Kansas became the NCAA Champions.

2F28D4BB-EAF8-41DD-BB17-097D4BFC45AE.jpeg

While watching the tournament I became very aware of Kansas Junior forward, Christian Braun. Christian Braun is a 6'7" junior shooting guard, weighing 218 pounds, with the Kansas Jayhawks.

67A43C5B-D647-4F55-BF84-EAC26709CC09.jpg

53409120-E3E0-4DF9-9B09-C7BA9A370484.jpg

020E607B-FC19-4F90-9663-FD62A2783395.jpg

For me, knowing exactly who these guys are and watching them compete on the athletic field makes them even hotter. And if Braun returns for his senior year next year, I will make it a point to watch Kansas games when they are on TV. :001_tt2:

2022 mlb

Today is Opening Day of the 2022 Major League Baseball season. The season is starting one week later due to the lockout that ended last month. But for New York, the Yankees have been postponed another day due to rain all day today. The Mets are in Washington DC and there are weather issues there as well. The game was moved from 4 PM to 7 PM and now they are in a rain delay. I guess it’s those April showers. But whenever they begin, baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. 162 regular season games over six months, and then the post season, so I will be patient for the start.

8D21D436-B567-41D6-9E77-06A8116BA852.jpg

Having lived in Boston & San Diego I am a fan of both and we know how the former feel about the Yanks and the later about LA.

Having lived in Boston & San Diego I am a fan of both and we know how the former feel about the Yanks and the later about LA.
Being both a Yankees fan in baseball and a Duke fan in college basketball, I understand that both teams have a lot of fans as well as many detractors or even haters. But I take it as a complement as both teams have so many championships. Nobody hates an average or bad opponent. I wear it as a badge of honor. :biggrin:

PS. I am not calling you a hater, br. It is just sports trash talking. Nothing serious about it.

Last edited:
You mean like the Pats or Celtics? Of course you do have the great record of the Yanks.

And as a New Yorker what of your Rangers?

By the way I did not take offense.

You mean like the Pats or Celtics? Of course you do have the great record of the Yanks.

And as a New Yorker what of your Rangers?

By the way I did not take offense.
I’ve never been a big hockey fan. I’ve been to a few Ranger games ar the Garden and it’s fun in person but I don’t follow the sport more than being vaguely aware of how Rangers, Islanders and Devils are doing. You didn’t ask me about the Knicks or Nets. I used to be a huge Knicks fans and I went to all the home games when they won the championship back in 1973 but not so much today.

TY, Mike, for the update. I love hearing about you the person asidwee from our common interest in straight acting men.

I just posted a series of pictures of the following athlete on your other sports site that I hope you find as amazing as I did. I show one below:

10.jpg

Last summer, I posted pics and told of the exploits of Andrew Valezquez, the Bronx native who got to live out his childhood dream of playing shortstop for the team, he rooted for as a kid, The New York Yankees.

76E8E01C-1034-4DDC-ADC4-B3CE482608A4.jpg

Andrew has since moved on but yesterday another local kid named Ron Marinaccio who grew up in nearby Toms River, New Jersey who was also a Yankee fan made his debut on the Yankee Stadium pitching mound. What a thrill for this kid too!

D1D0B606-63D4-4D3F-A6DA-270087CF09C9.jpg

And he was engaging in his first post game interview as well.

EE8B01EA-2FDD-4A26-895D-3FA54A77776A.jpeg

Fame is fleeting and the odds are against him, but he had his dream come true yesterday. I hope he becomes a star!!!:001_smile:

Attachments

• 4E43F94A-DAA3-440D-89EE-2495C73B8DFC.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 41
TY for the great pictures of these baseball athletes.

2022-2023 Duke Blue Devils

This season just ended but new coach Jon Scheyer has his new recruits all lined up for next season. I need to learn the names and read up on them, but it looks like some “eye candy” for me in Durham next season. :drool:

7D08CCCC-7FD6-408F-B12D-2E1BD516D7C7.jpg

Both the Yanks and Mets had good opening weekends with only last game of series losses to prevent both from having opening weekend sweeps! It's early, but a good start by both teams!