• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

That is a great question as I am really torn over this particular game. Could be a blow out but so should have been the Kentucky and Purdue games both won by S. Peter's. Best I can tell you on this one is that I look forward to a really good game!
Unfortunately kg, it is a blow out with UNC at half time. But it sets up a blood bath with Duke & UNC for a third time this season next week. And with Miami losing we will have the Final Four half ACC.

Unfortunately kg, it is a blow out with UNC at half time. But it sets up a blood bath with Duke & UNC for a third time this season next week. And with Miami losing we will have the Final Four half ACC.

As previously posted, I was torn by this game as how can one root against the St. Peter's underdog run (and how can a Mets fan root against an underdog like that), but I also wanted a Duke vs. North Carolina rematch which I think that Duke will win this time based upon the way they are currently playing. The ACC had a terrible December in interconference play, and the price for that was being underrated across the board come tournament time. But with half of the Final Four being ACC teams, that has been successfully rebutted in my opinion! Even Miami led Kansas by six points at halftime.

As previously posted, I was torn by this game as how can one root against the St. Peter's underdog run (and how can a Mets fan root against an underdog like that), but I also wanted a Duke vs. North Carolina rematch which I think that Duke will win this time based upon the way they are currently playing. The ACC had a terrible December in interconference play, and the price for that was being underrated across the board come tournament time. But with half of the Final Four being ACC teams, that has been successfully rebutted in my opinion! Even Miami led Kansas by six points at halftime.
Most definitely the pre-conference record hurt the ACC this year and it was hard for any team other than Duke to crack the Top 25. But the great success of the conference in the tournament this year has opened some eyes of the nay sayers. It is so difficult to predict what will happen next Saturday between Duke and North Carolina. But I too am very impressed with the maturity and growth of a very young team, right before my eyes over the last couple of weeks. I am expecting another excellent performance by Duke next Saturday in The Big Easy.

One other note kg.. You should stop thinking of yourself as a Mets fan as being an underdog. Your new owner has gone on a wild spending spree that is reminiscent of George Steinbrenner in his heyday. The Mets have acculumlsted an all star lineup and you guys are not underdogs and if you don’t win a lot of games and go far in the postseason you will be known as under achievers and not underdogs. It’s a whole new level of expectation for your team this year.

But let us enjoy one more week of camaraderie as Duke fans, hopefully culminating in One Shining Moment for Duke.

The wait for a fan can be hell & congratulations for having two teams in the final four.

AS excited as I am with Duke about to play in The Final Four this coming Saturday, I am also highly anticipating Opening Day coming up a week from Thursday on April 7th. At best, Duke has two games remaining, while the Yankees have 162 plus many playoff games following, if things go right. :biggrin:

For many years when I was at my post-college thirty-two year job, my bosses knew that every year I took a holiday on the day of the Yankees home opener, and indeed it is a holiday for me. I wake up on opening day with a sense of great expectation. Every team is tied for first place, (and last place but no one says that, lol). I no longer go to Opening Day but I will be watching on TV. Duke still has one or two huge thrilling games to go, but I am also thinking about Thursday April 7th and a “new beginning” for The Yankees, baseball and the world as spring will begin in earnest with leaves and flowers appearing and the warmer days and evenings. Baseball is Back!!!!!….almost.

C89053BF-4E43-41E7-9F04-596ED454A53A.jpg

Mike you are a true blue fan & I am happy for you.

Mike you are a true blue fan & I am happy for you.
Thank you br. I truly enjoy getting into following my teams. I am not a big traditional TV watcher or music listener or book reader. But the day by day and week by week happenings of my favorite teams is one of my great passions in life. I find the unscripted drama more entertaining to me than any other form of entertainment. Like the Wide World of Sports used to say, it is “The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat”. lol

Which also shows in your sexual interests, I believe.

Which also shows in your sexual interests, I believe.
No. if a player on one of my teams is hot, that is a plus. But it is totally unnecessary for any Yankee, Blue Devil or NY Giants player to be sexually attractive to me. It is like watching the news on TV for me. If a reporter is young and handsome it adds another aspect of interest, but the main part is the content. So my love of my sports teams is not predicated on how hot the players may be in any particular season.

Hotties

Of course if a guy plays for one of my teams and is HOT, that is an added bonus for me. Some examples over the years are Dukies, Christian Laettner, JJ Redick, Giants Mark Bavaro and Yankees Roger Maris, Bucky Dent and last year’s “heartthrob”, Andrew Valezques. Having a hot guy on my team is by no means a necessity, but an added bonus!

E955938C-A34F-485E-86EB-73EAB3DC1319.jpeg

85526539-3F6C-4392-982B-E25A26A9DF4E.jpg

D19092A7-772C-4FDB-AA33-17BB28589321.jpg

CFE6F2D5-87A2-4E0C-B091-34E8AF45AE9A.jpg

C83B4C55-04DA-4C2C-90FF-DB873011B71B.jpg

B4DBDBB5-F93F-4F1D-97DE-7D12781CCBD1.jpeg

Attachments

• C40F46D1-E3D6-4C97-84C1-7CB80B881C17.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 41
No. if a player on one of my teams is hot, that is a plus. But it is totally unnecessary for any Yankee, Blue Devil or NY Giants player to be sexually attractive to me. It is like watching the news on TV for me. If a reporter is young and handsome it adds another aspect of interest, but the main part is the content. So my love of my sports teams is not predicated on how hot the players may be in any particular season.

Did not mean about your sports, I meant about Broke Straight Boys

Interesting discussion on this morning's ACC sports talk show about Saturday's Duke vs. North Carolina NCAA Semifinal this Saturday on how inexperienced Duke is for total minutes of NCAA tourney play coming into this year's tournament. Duke had only 24 minutes, most if not all by Joey Baker, their co-Captain who is a bench player this season. In Duke's prior Final Fours their total prior NCAA tourney minutes were 300 once and over 1,000 in their three other Final Fours. So the good news in that they are talented and hot, and the bad news is that they are very inexperienced. Go Duke!

Interesting discussion on this morning's ACC sports talk show about Saturday's Duke vs. North Carolina NCAA Semifinal this Saturday on how inexperienced Duke is for total minutes of NCAA tourney play coming into this year's tournament. Duke had only 24 minutes, most if not all by Joey Baker, their co-Captain who is a bench player this season. In Duke's prior Final Fours their total prior NCAA tourney minutes were 300 once and over 1,000 in their three other Final Fours. So the good news in that they are talented and hot, and the bad news is that they are very inexperienced. Go Duke!
From reading and listening to folks in The Triangle area of Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill, over the years the Duke-UNC rivalry is more intense than outsiders to the area comprehend. I heard Jay Bilas on a Duke podcast and he said the players on both teams shouldn’t think about rivalry or revenge and just on winning the game. It should be some intense competition. Can’t wait until Saturday.

From reading and listening to folks in The Triangle area of Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill, over the years the Duke-UNC rivalry is more intense than outsiders to the area comprehend. I heard Jay Bilas on a Duke podcast and he said the players on both teams shouldn’t think about rivalry or revenge and just on winning the game. It should be some intense competition. Can’t wait until Saturday.

Totally agree! But the problem for both teams is that this semifinal is so hyped up that the winner may wind up as the underdog in the final, the winner of the Kansas/Villanova game.

Amazing how close the last 99 games have been between these rivals whose campuses are just eight miles apart. Saturday will be the 100th game between Duke and North Carolina since Coach K was hired in 1980.

And amazingly this is the first time EVER that they have played each other in the NCAA Tournament. What a matchup coming now in just two days.

1A209060-168A-482D-8450-2A432C872FBB.jpg

I have failed to mention that as a Conn native way back when, I am a huge Yukon fan & I see the women have made it to the finals yet again.