• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Photo assignment for mikeyank

stowe1

Ye Olde Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Mikey - I know you are an inveterate Yankees fan, but Jackie Robinson's career and especially his legacy transcend teams. I just read about the dedication of the Jackie Robinson Museum in the City. I personally think it should be in Brooklyn since he played for the Dodgers, but nobody asked me - lol!!!

The Museum will be opened to the public in September. Your assignment for all of us interested will be to schlepp over to Varick St. where it is located and tour it with your camera so you can take and post copious pictures here on the forum.

Please, please, please.

Love ya!

Bill

Agree & I was a Dodger fan until I moved to San Diego.

Mikey - I know you are an inveterate Yankees fan, but Jackie Robinson's career and especially his legacy transcend teams. I just read about the dedication of the Jackie Robinson Museum in the City. I personally think it should be in Brooklyn since he played for the Dodgers, but nobody asked me - lol!!!

The Museum will be opened to the public in September. Your assignment for all of us interested will be to schlepp over to Varick St. where it is located and tour it with your camera so you can take and post copious pictures here on the forum.

Please, please, please.

Love ya!

Bill
Assigment accepted. Anything for you my buddy!

Love you too! See you in September, as the song goes. :smiley-love021:

Agree & I was a Dodger fan until I moved to San Diego.

Then you should be a Mets fan, the National League heirs to Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants. The Met uniform is designed to be half Dodger/half Giant and the very front entrance into Citi Field is the Jackie Robinson Rotundra! Return to your baseball roots!

Please, please, please.

Love ya!

Bill

Assigment accepted. Anything for you my buddy!

Love you too! See you in September, as the song goes. :smiley-love021:

Stowe made this request of me in July 2022 and I always try to keep my promises and so while I did not go in September, 2022 but rather in June of 2023, I did go today and it is an impressive museum. Lot’s of great memorabilia of Jackie, the Brooklyn Dodgers and their beloved stadium in Brooklyn, Ebbets Field. But it also was a tribute to the intestinal fortitude that this man had to undergo the horrible treatment that he received. The bigotry by fans and fellow players was amazing and not only did he endure but he thrived as one of the great players and he is a Hall of Famer today.

Here is some of what I saw today.

IMG_3811.jpeg
IMG_3824.jpeg
IMG_3823.jpeg
IMG_3828.jpeg
IMG_3826.jpeg
IMG_3825.jpeg
IMG_3822.jpeg