• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Lib or Con or Bizarre - ganga ruling in Colorado, job security and motherhood

KRU1996

Reaction score
Here is a conundrum:

1) It is legal to buy and smoke marijuana in Colorado for recreational/entertainment use and for medical use.
2) Any employer has the right to demand that any employee take a drug test and if marijuana or any other drug is found in the system - employee tests positive - the employer has .the right to fire the employee.

Got to love this. Anyone who shows up for work ostensibly under the influence is considered to be irresponsible and fireable. Let's consider whether one believes that it is okay for a Pre-K, K, 1st grade teacher to show up for work after having used marijuana the night before to calm nerves or had a ganga orgy all weekend with a ganga buffet along with friends who were the High School football coach, the high school science teacher, half the local fire department from local fire station, some of the police, a couple of judges, a mechanic whom one counts on to correctly fix one's car, an Air Force pilot, and some fastfood employees as well as a pharmacist and a bank loan officer and bank teller...
Do most of us expect people with whom we interact during working hours anywhere to not be coming down off a marijuana high?
Finally should the women who writes the marijuana column for one of the large Colorado newspapers that requires her to smoke and rate the new marijuana, who stated that she is a mother of two young children, be considered a fit mother? She is high while taking care of her children and by definition is necessarily less attentive to their needs.

It's a slippery slope with many unanswered and uncomfortable questions. I don't want my airplane pilot to have smoked a fat one the night before. Nor my cab driver. Nor the city bus driver or school bus driver. Nor my surgeon.