• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Illinois House of Representatives passes marriage equality

advocate88

Reaction score
The House of Representatives in my great state of Illinois approved marriage equality 15 minutes ago. The Illinois Senate is expected to approve the measure (which they already did last term, so this isn't going to be a roadblock or anything). As of June 1, 2014, Illinois will be the fifteenth state to recognize the equal dignity of gay couples!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome people of the State of Illinois. We in Washington approved the law last year. Matter of fact the State Senator who wrote the existing law is running for the Mayor of Seattle today. No results yet, but will keep you posted.

Number 15 and roughly 38% of the US population now lives in states with marriage equality. Texas, Mississippi and Alabama are in a contest to be last.

That's wonderful news Advocate! The Midwest is starting. Now I want to see it happen in Ohio. lol

Great news. That's now 30% of the states on board. Slowly but surely!

Number 15 and roughly 38% of the US population now lives in states with marriage equality. Texas, Mississippi and Alabama are in a contest to be last.

Florida is trying to stay on the bottom of the list also. There is even a state constitutional amendment (passed by referendum) forbidding same-sex marriage. :(

But... Baby steps. lol :)

Welcome people of the State of Illinois. We in Washington approved the law last year. Matter of fact the State Senator who wrote the existing law is running for the Mayor of Seattle today. No results yet, but will keep you posted.
Senator Murray has been voted in as Seattle's first openly Gay Mayor!!!

Illinois will be the fifteenth state to recognize the equal dignity of gay couples!

Make that sixteenth, haha. Our governor hasn't yet signed the bill because they're organizing a big ceremony for it, whereas Hawaii's governor (content, I suppose, only to have a small ceremony that doesn't require a lot of organization) will be signing their marriage equality bill into law this afternoon.

Congrats Hawaii!