• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hurricane Milton

In my younger years, I lived in the Western Pacific - Guam, Saipan, Pohnpei, Fiji, and such. I saw my share of typhoons and cyclones. I saw some scary waves more than once, including on a buoy tender about 250 miles north of Saipan in one storm. I feel bad for these folks. I know the craziness of that weather and the damage it can do. I hope that folks ride it out without any loss of life. Stuff can be replaced, lives are gone forever.

I'm thinking of our long time Broke Straight Boys member and friend Tampa. I hope he did well as the hurricane hit to the south of the prediction, but the home park of the Tampa Bay Rays had its roof apparently destroyed. My best wishes and prayers to him and the best results possible.

That was an insane hurricane. The winds last night were unbeliveable. I've never experienced anything like it in my life and I love crazy weather. Luckily we do not have any damage to our home which is very surprising because the wind gusts were so crazy I hope other people in Florida are ok. It was a very intense hurricane.

I'm thinking of our long time Broke Straight Boys member and friend Tampa. I hope he did well as the hurricane hit to the south of the prediction, but the home park of the Tampa Bay Rays had its roof apparently destroyed. My best wishes and prayers to him and the best results possible.
I did reach out to Tampa the day after the hurricane and I finally heard back from him yesterday. First and most important is that he and his mom are fine with no structural damage to their respective apartments or the building where they both have apartments. He had attempted to text me last Thursday but the cell service was “spotty to non-existent”, as he put it, and still no internet service as of yesterday.

He said that he and his mom evacuated to his aunt’s apartment in St. Petersburg as they live two blocks from the beach. Lot’s of big trees down in the road, still no electricity, no cable and in some areas still no water coming from the taps, and they under a warning to boil all water that does come out. But he is grateful they live on higher floors of their building as he can see neighbors who lived in one story houses with mattresses, furniture and major appliances sitting on lawns and curbs, waiting to be hauled away as useless trash.

Tampa told me that he will return to the forum at some point and perhaps discuss his harrowing experience himself. He gave me permission to tell his story for those who are concerned.

That was an insane hurricane. The winds last night were unbeliveable. I've never experienced anything like it in my life and I love crazy weather. Luckily we do not have any damage to our home which is very surprising because the wind gusts were so crazy I hope other people in Florida are ok. It was a very intense hurricane.
Glad to read that you did so well.