• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Happy Mother's Day

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
While we have very limited participation currently by females on the forum, with Beth being the major exception, I'd like to extend mother's day wishes to any mom's who read the forum, and to all of our member's who still have their mom's. My mom passed away many years ago, but the old saying is true, and perhaps particularly for a gay man, but nobody will ever love you like your mother. :smiley-love021:

Happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate or remember today!

maxresdefault.jpg

On this day, I remember, "it's hearts, not parts."
images

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms of my fellow forumites; and Beth and any other Moms who are on the site.

My Mother passed away in 1998, but I "talk" to her every day about a variety of things going on in the world and/or my life. Back in the day of The Ed Sullivan show on Sundays, on Mothers Day invariably he would have a chanteuse or torch song singer sing this song, which my Mother loved and thought said so much about the essence of what Motherhood is or should be. She especially loved when Ed had Sophie Tucker - the last of the Red Hot Mamas - on to sing it. I couldn't find Sophie's rendition on YouTube but did find an original rendition from 1915/16. So give a listen and see what you think.

Thanks stowe that was fun. I miss mine every single day. Many more ups than downs. Have not had a good dish of pasta since she passed.
An empty place in my heart that can never be filled.