• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Happy Hanukkah

stowe1

Ye Olde Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Tonight, 12/22, the Feast of Lights, Hanukkah, begins at sundown. That's 4:57 pm here on the East Coast. A holiday of great joy for our Jewish brothers and sisters as well as one of great significance in the history of the Jewish People.

I'd like to wish a Happy Hanukkah to my dear friend, mikey; and to all Jewish members of the Forum and site at large.

Last edited:
Note to Management

We have a week of major feasts and holidays coming up. Tonight kicks off with the first night of Hanukkah as noted above; then tomorrow, 12/23 is the great secular feast of Festivus; then on the 25th is the Christian feast of Christmas; then on the 26th is Kwanzaa, a feast of importance to the African-American community.

I certainly hope the management is planning something special celebrating all of these feasts. Like an extra sex scene perhaps?!!!

Tonight, 12/22, the Feast of Lights, Hanukkah, begins at sundown. That's 4:57 pm here on the East Coast. A holiday of great joy for our Jewish brothers and sisters as well as one of great significance in the history of the Jewish People.

I'd like to wish a Happy Hanukkah to my dear friend, mikey; and to all Jewish members of the Forum and site at large.
Thank you very much Stowe. And I wish the same to all who celebrate this joyous holiday.

happy_hanukkah.jpg

Thank you very much Stowe. And I wish the same to all who celebrate this joyous holiday.

happy_hanukkah.jpg

Great picture of many symbols of the Hanukkah celebration.

Happy Hanukkah MikeY.....May it be special, hope you are spending time with Family....

I share my holiday greetings to mikeyank, the other Jewish members of this Forum and to all my other Jewish friends. If anyone cares to enlighten me, I've seen spellings of this holiday begin both with a "c" and a "h". What is the explanation for that?

I share my holiday greetings to mikeyank, the other Jewish members of this Forum and to all my other Jewish friends. If anyone cares to enlighten me, I've seen spellings of this holiday begin both with a "c" and a "h". What is the explanation for that?
Thank you for your warm wishes KG. As far as the spelling, it is actually a Hebrew word and so both are just phonetic pronunciations.

According to Wikipedia,

"In Hebrew, the word Hanukkah is written חֲנֻכָּה or חֲנוּכָּה (Ḥănukkāh). It is most commonly transliterated to English as Hanukkah or Chanukah. ... However, its original sound is closer to the English H than to the Scottish Ch, and Hanukkah more accurately represents the spelling in the Hebrew alphabet."

The "Ch" sound is often used in Yiddish words like chutzpah. It is kind of a guttural sound. But either Hanukkah or Chanukah are both fine!

And my favorite part is that we get to eat lot's of fried pasties during the week of the festival. Yum Yum!

gettyimages-72742667_wide-eb7ba0a110bc380e6a5b8d2aebcff636f76d189e-s800-c85.jpg
PQQA75OZJVB75CMVI5YETFJW6M.jpg

Hanukkah-dessert-collage.jpg

Thank you for your warm wishes KG. As far as the spelling, it is actually a Hebrew word and so both are just phonetic pronunciations.

According to Wikipedia,

"In Hebrew, the word Hanukkah is written חֲנֻכָּה or חֲנוּכָּה (Ḥănukkāh). It is most commonly transliterated to English as Hanukkah or Chanukah. ... However, its original sound is closer to the English H than to the Scottish Ch, and Hanukkah more accurately represents the spelling in the Hebrew alphabet."

The "Ch" sound is often used in Yiddish words like chutzpah. It is kind of a guttural sound. But either Hanukkah or Chanukah are both fine!

And my favorite part is that we get to eat lot's of fried pasties during the week of the festival. Yum Yum!

Thanks and bon appetit! Those foods look good!

Happy Hanukkah . Love the look of those cakes and sweets . Enjoy all those sweet treats what ever you are doing at this festive time of year.

According to Wikipedia,

Mikey: During high school and my working years in NYC in the early-mid 70's I had the pleasure of eating most, if not all, of the goodies pictured. However, missing is my favorite treat: potato latkes (really good homemade ones) and applesauce. Yum! Yum!

P.S. If I haven't already told you this story, remind me the next time we talk to tell you the story of the black potato latkes.