• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Businesses support marriage equality before the Supreme Court

stowe1

Ye Olde Curmudgeon
Reaction score
The U.S. Supreme Court announced today it will hold its hearing on the same-sex marriage cases on April 28 with a ruling expected by the end of its current term in June. 379 business and other groups filed a friend of the court brief supporting marriage equality. I thought some might be interested in an article on this as well as a listing of those organizations. Click this link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/05/marriage-equality-amicus_n_6808260.html?ncid=newsltushpmg0

I know that HRC (Human Rights Campaign) has been putting out a request on various social media platforms for individuals to sign a petition to the court. I signed from a post on my FB account. If you are interested in signing up, check the HRC website (hrc.com). I'm not sure if there is a deadline or not.

Last edited:
Nice to see a few Seattle companies and my health insurance provider. Starbucks has always been an advocate for "gay rights". They have also put their money where their mouth is in regards to supporting the local gay chapters

Last edited:
That's an impressive list of supporting companies however, your country shouldn't need to be supported by businesses to make a moral decision. As big a country as the US is, maybe it's a good job that they are leaving the decision to the individual states. I mean, if the supreme court makes it law for all states to abide by the ruling, then some of the most homophobic states might make it really difficult for couples. If I lived in America and I lived in a homophobic state and wanted to get married, then I would move away to another state, even if it meant me getting a new job.

That's an impressive list of supporting companies however, your country shouldn't need to be supported by businesses to make a moral decision. As big a country as the US is, maybe it's a good job that they are leaving the decision to the individual states. I mean, if the supreme court makes it law for all states to abide by the ruling, then some of the most homophobic states might make it really difficult for couples. If I lived in America and I lived in a homophobic state and wanted to get married, then I would move away to another state, even if it meant me getting a new job.

While that may sound"simple as", it's not. Picking up and moving to another state isn't easy, especially if one has roots! Then, say you get married in a state where it's legal but live or move to a state that doesn't support or recognize same-sex marriage? What have you gained?